Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tell Your Kids To Drop Out, part 2

Too too funny. the Arlington, Texas school district refused to allow the children in that district to watch the Obama "stay in school" speech. The district has since had to call off a school paid trip to the new Cowboys stadium to listen to George W. Bush (Bush 43) speak. I am certain they would have preferred that this speech had stayed as under-the-radar as the Bush 41 speech did, at least until it was a fait accompli. Ah well...

2 comments:

  1. Gee, why in the world would you want kids to hear words of encouragement about trying your best, staying in school, and getting good grades, so that you'll have a good future ahead of you. Whether it was Presidents Reagan, Bush sr, Clinton, Bush jr., or Obama.
    I can't imagine that any president would give some kind of partisan speech to a group of kids who wouldn't be old enough to vote until they've long since left office. When I was a student I would have welcomed any chance to hear the presidents speak, and the ex presidents speech too if I was a student...anything to get out of regular class lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with that one. But I do have to point out that Reagan did give a partisan speech. Kinda what sent me on my tear in the first place, Reagan partisan speech to kids = no reaction, Obama nonpartisan encouragement to kids = apoplectic seizures across the board.

    ReplyDelete